Financing / Insurance
We understand the importance of family financing. That’s why Poindexter Dental helps guide patients through their treatment after a comprehensive diagnosis with Dr. Poindexter. Treatment options are then discussed and an appropriate payment plan is selected in accordance with each patient’s individual situation. Dr. Poindexter is there every step of the way to ensure that patients receive the most effective treatment and best care possible.
Insurance & Financing
We regret to inform that we DO NOT accept:
- HMO, DHMO, or discount plans.
*Unfortunately these plans do not allow patients to use preferred physicians and they require patients to seek permission from assigned providers.
We accept the following PPO insurance policies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Boon Chapman
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
- Metlife (In network)
- United Concordia
- United Health Care
When looking to purchase an insurance plan, here are some useful questions to ask:
- What sort of policy do you have with the following percentages: Preventive____100%, Basic____80%, and Major____50%?
- Is there a missing tooth clause (will the policy cover it, or will you have to wait 5 years to replace?)
- Is there a waiting period for getting my work done?
- How do you pay on surgery?
- Is there a duplicating clause or standard coordination?
- Is there a replacement clause for partials and dentures? How many years?
Your insurance policy is not payment. It is a policy and you can expect that you will have to argue with your insurance company for benefits.
- You can expect that insurance companies will try to decrease your benefits.
- Contact your benefits coordinator at your job to ensure your benefits, and read your policy so that you can call your insurance provider to discuss your full benefits.
Lending Club: Patient Solutions
Lending Club is the latest addition to our financing options for your treatment plans. Similar to Care credit, Lending Club provides convenient payment plans on a line of credit you can use with any provider that accepts it. Loan rates are custom tailored to your credit history and the term you choose. Extended plans offer customized payment pricing. Generally, shorter terms have lower rates. You have flexibility in financing your procedure with different plan options. Lending Club offers affordable extended plans or True No-Interest Plans for 6, 12, 18 or 24 months, after that, 22.98% variable APR. Upon approval, you will receive a welcome email with information about your account (if you provide an email address.) Come in and we will assist you with all the paperwork to get you started.
Care Credit is a health care credit card that allows you to take care of your dental needs today. You can apply at our office or online. You can use this card with any health care provider. In other words, you can use it to see your physician, dentist, or any other provider that accepts this form of payment. To qualify, you must be a US Citizen and be at least 18 years old. Care Credit allows you to defer your payments for 6 to 24 months, depending on the amount you are approved for.