Your initial appointment usually will consist of an examination and review of your treatment options, and will last 60 -90 minutes. Please plan to arrive 10 – 15 minutes early to complete all necessary paperwork. Usually, treatment can be done or started the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. Your first visit includes:
- Meeting Dr. Poindexter and the Dental staff
- X-rays that are taken with our digital x-ray machine to save you time and expose you to far less radiation than traditional x-rays
- Complete dental exam
- Treatment planning and prioritizing
- Financial consultation
During your exam, Dr. Poindexter will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Provide a periodontal screening
- Conduct an oral cancer screening
- Create a customized treatment plan based on your greatest priorities
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.